Calling artists, crafters and makers for the opportunity to host your own workshops under the Make_E11 umbrella at award-winning cafe, bar and bookshop All You Read is Love (AYRIL).
Following the success of a pilot run last Autumn, we are planning more evenings this year; confirmed dates are Tuesday March 15th and Tuesday May 10th, 7.00 – 9.30pm.
The event is promoted extensively on Twitter and Facebook by Make_E11 and AYRIL, with listings in WF Guardian, Apex Arts… and occasional coverage from local media; last year’s listings & coverage included Good Housekeeping, TimeOut and Leytonstoner.
Previous evenings have been well attended, with workshoppers charging from £10 – £50 per person. Many workshop participants have returned regularly and are now asking for new dates. There’s now an opportunity to sell kits, vouchers or small pieces of work during the evening.
Apply if you have an idea for a workshop that is engaging, interesting and practical for 4 – 8 participants at cafe tables. Workshops can be anything that produces a tangible result for people to take home or continue with at home so outside-the-box proposals welcome. Activities aimed at men also particularly welcome (whittlers, airfixers?) as it would be nice to have a good gender-balance at the evenings.
Submissions are open for both dates, deadline for March evening is Sun 14th Feb.
A fee of £30 is payable in advance in order to reserve a workshop place, with a discount of £10 if booking both workshop dates (March and May)*.
Apply to email@example.com, stating:
- name and contact details
- activity and workshop format proposed, including likely charge and ticketing model (drop-in sessions are fine too)
- details of any previous experience
- links to your website, instagram or other online supporting material
- promotional copy (approx 20 – 30 words) about your workshop
- up to 2 images you would be happy to be used in promotion ie that are relevant to the workshop you want to lead, at a resolution high enough to be used at width 1020 online (a large banner size)
All successful applications will be notified on Monday 15th Feb.
Booking fee payable on Wednesday 17th Feb (for March 15th workshops)
Questions welcome – pls email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note if you need to cancel a workshop with less than 10 days notice I will not be able to refund your money, but may be able do so at my discretion. Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been made by Paypal.